Warm water with Ayurveda Ingredient to lose weight - II
It's time to think about BMI..
On a Mission to make a Healthier World
Oolang drink for reducing weight (for reducing high BMI - Body Mass Index)
In the following sections we will see how Oolang drink would help you to reduce weight
What is Oolang
Is a traditional Chinese tea (Camellia sinensis) produced through a unique process including withering the plant under the strong sun and oxidation before curling and twisting.
Most oolong teas, especially those of fine quality, involve unique tea plant cultivars that are exclusively used for particular varieties. The degree of oxidation can range from 8 to 85%, depending on the variety and production style.
Different varieties of oolong are processed differently, but the leaves are formed into one of two distinct styles. Some are rolled into long curly leaves, while others are 'wrap-curled' into small beads, each with a tail. The former style is the more traditional of the two in China.
How Oolang drink helps us to reduce weight?
In 2001, Physiologist Dr. William Rumpler, of the US Agriculture
Research Services' Diet and Human Laboratory, investigated the
ancient Chinese belief that oolong tea is effective in controlling
body weight. The increase in fat oxidation in this study is amazing!
Drinking oolong tea can actually tell your body to burn fat for
energy. Scientists then speculated that caffeine combined with
EGCGs (Epigallocatechin gallate) worked together to increase fat
A Japanese study, conducted in 2003, went one step further
comparing the benefits of oolong tea and green tea on weight
reduction. Eleven healthy young female students participated in
this well controlled study.
Participants received three different beverage formulas;
1) oolong tea,
2) powdered green tea leaves and
Both teas were prepared with boiling water. The oolong tea
steeped for five minutes and the powdered green tea leaves were
After measurements were taken, the results determined;
• Oolong tea had higher EE (energy expenditure) levels from
beginning to end and at intervals of 30, 60, 90 and 120 minutes.
• EE levels peaked at 90 minutes for both oolong and green tea and
remained at their respective levels until 120 minutes.
• These results indicate that after consuming oolong tea you will
expend more energy than if you were to drink green tea or water
and that it can last up to two hours.
Oolong tea's effect on blocking the absorption of fats and carbohydrates is thought to play a key role in its weight reducing benefits. While more studies need to be done, initial studies indicate that oolong tea has absorption blocking potential.
There are proven methods for reducing weight and keeping it off; exercise, getting enough sleep and eating a balanced diet. Oolong tea can enhance these positive changes and garner faster results.
Other Health Benefits of drinking Oolang Tea
• Oolong tea is filled with full of anti-oxidants that helps to boost up your metabolism by 10% or more for up to 2 hours after drinking
oolong. It also helps to protect you from chronic diseases.
• Anti-oxidants in oolong tea helps to burn the fat more effectively and quickly (especially tummy and upper arm fat) that helps to
reduce weight and to have healthy immune system. This tea when taken regularly will block the fat building enzymes by destroying
free radicals even before they harm the body and helps to keep your body fat off once it’s gone completely.
• It naturally contains caffeine (even though it has some side effects) that raise the metabolism which potentially helps to reach your
weight loss goals more quickly. Also caffeine combined with EGCGs which is found in oolong tea will work together to raise the fat
• It helps to regulate the blood sugar levels as it stabilized blood sugar can make you feel more balanced and satisfied i.e. it makes you
crave fewer sweets.
• It is very delicious, aromatic and calorie free drink and a better replacement for high calorie coffee drink.
• It contains polymerized polyphenols which helps to increase the body’s energy expenditure without the use of additional caffeine.
This is not found either in green or black tea.
• It actually reduces the food related body weight loss like increasing energy expenditure (EE) and inhibiting the nutrients (includes
fat and carbohydrates) absorption.
• Polyphenols in this tea block the absorption of dietary fat and cholesterol by over 50% when taken 3 times a day.
• It also helps to prevent obesity even while eating a high-fat diet. It reduces the abdominal fat (without influencing the absorption of
fat soluble vitamins) and LDL cholesterol safely without any side effects.
Easy way to Preprare Oolang Tea at home or at office
• Get Organic Oolang tea bags. This link will take you to shop organic
• Pour hot water into mug, add one tea bag
• Keep it to brew for 5 to 10 minutes
• Remove tea bag and enjoy without adding sugar. If you want to
enhance the flavor then you can add lemon, honey, cardamom etc.
Refrain adding sugar
How Many times you have to drink the Oolang drink to reduce
• You can drink in the morning, after breakfast, after lunch and in evening. Some people drink it before and after food as this will
help to reduce food consumption and food digestion respectively. You can carry tea bags to office, day out and enjoy the drink.
• Oolang tea has got nice aroma so need to add any additional flavor. Even if you don’t like its flavor then you can add some flavors like
lemon, ginger, cardamom etc.
• Drinking Oolang tea from one month to three months has seen lots of effect in weight reduction. Even if you didn’t lose the weight for
first two months or didn’t see any changes then it would be because for some people it would take time due to metabolism process or
for other anatomical reasons.
If you are taking Ayurveda drink first time or if you have allergy to any herbs then consult your doctor before taking this drink.
Where to buy Oolang Tea
• Try to buy Organic Oolang tea bags or leaves - Try this link to order online Organic Green tea bags (mention Amazon link)
• Oolong tea is always a better option when compared to other natural weight loss supplements. You require patience to reduce
weight as it may take some time to mobilize accumulated (for years) fats and then flash out resulting in weight reduction. Be patience
and have regular consumption of this oolong tea to lose the excess weight (and not to gain it again) and live a happy and healthy life.
•If you are first timer to try Oolang tea, then you may find the flavor bit different but as you continue you will love the flavor and its
Flax seed drink
Lets see how flax seed powder will help you to reduce weight and bring down your high BMI (Body Mass Index) score.
First up all let’s understand how Flax seeds aids in reducing weight
To a great extent, the slimming benefits of flaxseed are due to the flaxseeds' low carbohydrates and high omega 3 fatty acid content (33 times higher than wheat germ).
When it comes to weight reduction the importance of fiber in our diet is very important as fiber rich foods stabilize blood sugar levels. The high fiber content makes ground flaxseed a very gentle, natural laxative, which cleans your colon of toxic metabolic waste and promotes friendly bacteria. Once your bowel health is optimal, you're able to drop the extra pounds (kg) a lot easier.
Lecithin content in flaxseed
To fully realize the flax seeds benefits related to weight loss, one should understand the importance of Lecithin. The lecithin content in flaxseed dissolves the unhealthy fats from food in your digestive tract and then the fiber and mucilage content trap these unwanted fats taken to be eliminated from your body rather than being stored as body fat.
All essential in weight reduction B vitamins, potassium, magnesium and zinc are available in Flax seeds .
Types of Flax seed and powder
Additional 10 More Health Benefits of Flax Seeds
1. Improve your cardiovascular health - Flaxseed contains a very large amount of fiber,
both soluble and insoluble: a total of about 25%, including 12% mucilage a known blood
cholesterol lowering substance.
2. Prevent arterial clots that may result in strokes, heart attacks and thromboses
3. Boost your immune system, reduce inflammation in your body, alleviate some allergies
and any asthma symptoms
4. Improve your eyesight and the perception of colors offering you good protection against
macular degeneration when aging
5. Support your healthy joints and improve the absorption of calcium
6. Help healing any sprains and bruises faster and shorten the recovery time of exhausted
7. Soothe ulcers, irritable bowel disorders and improve your colon health, lowering the
risk of colon cancer significantly
8. Improve your moods and help certain cases of depression
9. Strengthen brittle nails and help with flaky skin, eczema, psoriasis, alopecia and
10. Reduce the pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) and cool down hot flashes - an invaluable
benefit if you're a menopausal woman
How to prepare Flax Seeds drink
Step 1 - Add 2 Tablespoons of ground flax seeds or linseeds to a 1 litre pan of water. Bring to
the boil, and simmer for one hour or leave overnight.
Step 2 - Use a strainer to separate the seeds from the liquid, you might need a spoon to help
scrape the gloopy liquid down.
Step 3 - Pour the liquid into a glass jar and store (covered) in the refrigerator.
Step 4 - Pour some of this flax seed water into a mug up to about one inch, and fill the rest of
your mug with hot or warm water. Add a flavored teabag of your choice, or sprinkle 1/4 of a
teaspoon cinnamon into it and drink up. You can also add ginger, cloves, cardamom etc for
This drink can be thinned down with hot water to your desired consistency and also more
tablespoons of flax seeds can be added as per your taste and comfortability.
From where to buy Flax seed
Buy Organic Flax Seed - visit online stores or you can get from any local market store .
Grind flax seeds in your coffee grinder just before consuming them (It is not advisable to store the flax seed powder), as the flax oil contained in the seeds starts to oxidize immediately after getting in contact with the air.
Avoid buying flax powder (ground flaxseed), as the seeds' oil content starts to oxidize immediately upon exposure to air; This not only gives them a rancid taste, it makes them and unhealthy as well.
Try to eat them within 12 hours of grinding because flax oil starts to oxidize as soon as it gets in contact with air and you'll miss on the health benefits of flaxseed. Also, discard whatever flax is left and don't save ground flaxseed in the fridge for the next day, for the same reason.
But make sure that you eat it with plenty of fluids (10 times the amount of ground flaxseed), otherwise it may cause constipation.
For example, if you use 1 full tablespoon (approx. 10 grams), be sure you also have at least 3¬4 ounces of liquid.
If you are under any medication then consult your Doctor before consuming Flax seed drink.
How Ginseng herb will help you to reduce weight (Reduce high Body Mass Index)
What is Ginseng
The herbal remedies referred to as “ginseng” are derived from the roots of several plants. One of the most commonly used and researched of the ginsengs is Panax ginseng, also called Asian or Korean ginseng.
The main active components of Panax ginseng are ginsenosides, which have been shown to have a variety of beneficial effects, including anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anticancer effects.
Results of clinical research studies demonstrate that Panax ginseng may improve psychologic function, immune function, and conditions associated with diabetes.
Health Benefits of Ginseng Tea
The health benefits of ginseng tea include a reduced risk of developing cancer, relief from menstrual problems, reduction in obesity, improvement of digestive disorders, and a boosted immune system, as well as improving signs of mental distress, asthma and arthritis (bone related problems). Ginseng tea is quite popular as a digestive aid and it boosts the immunity levels as well.
Also, ginseng tea reduces physical and mental distress, and has a relaxing and soothing effect on the body.
The health benefits of ginseng tea include a number of curative and healing properties.
The major health benefits of ginseng tea are due to the naturally occurring chemicals called ‘ginsenosides’ that are present in this root.
Ginseng tea has become a popular beverage all over the world as an herbal Ayurveda drink.
Obesity: If you want to shed those extra pounds, ginseng tea would certainly help you in your dietary habits. This herbal tea is popular as a natural appetite suppressant. Consuming ginseng tea would also provide slimness to the body by boosting your metabolic rate and burning fat at a higher rate.
Menstrual Problems: American Ginseng tea is well known for its cooling effect. It is recommended for young women who suffer from menstrual cramps and distress. It also minimizes the stomach pain associated with menstruation.
Low Blood Pressure: Asian ginseng tea is a strong beverage. It is very effective for people who have low blood pressure. This energetic drink keeps you active and on your toes all day long by increasing your blood pressure and boosting your energy.
Brain Food: Ginseng tea is an herbal drink that acts as a stimulant to the brain cells. It improves your powers of concentration and cognitive capabilities. For improved functioning of the brain cells, ginseng tea is highly recommended for students.
Cancer: Studies indicate that people who drink ginseng tea have a lower risk of developing cancer. Medical experts highly recommend people to drink such herbal teas in order to eliminate the risk of cancerous growth in the body.
How to make Ginseng Tea
When making ginseng tea, you have a couple of choices to make. Do you want to use Korean (Panax) ginseng or American (Panax quinquefolius) ginseng?
Korean ginseng is best used in the cold months as it has warming properties and is more stimulating than American ginseng.
American ginseng is best taken in the hotter months as it is considered cooling. American ginseng is better suited for taking long term, as it is less stimulating then Korean ginseng. The best American ginseng comes from Wisconsin.
The very best ginseng tea is made from the fresh root, but powered and dried root is much easier to obtain and is what most people use. While you can buy ginseng tea bags at the grocery store, you’ll be better off buying the root and making your own tea from fresh ginseng root. Buying details are mentioned below.
Important Note - if you want sweet tea/ drink then instead of adding sugar add honey or calorie free sweeter.
Many online health stores offer fresh ginseng already sliced. Get this if you can. Ask for the smallest slices possible. When you use these to make your tea, just put around seven slices into your tea ball and let steep for five minutes or longer. The slices can also be eaten after making the tea. You may also mix other types of tea or honey into your ginseng tea to make the taste to your liking.
Green tea is often mixed with ginseng for a really healthy tea.
The finer you can make the pieces of ginseng the faster your tea will brew. If you use the loose, dried powder though, you’ll have to
put it in empty tea bags, as it will fall through the holes in the tea ball.
• Take a very sharp knife or potato peeler and cut the fresh root into the thinnest shavings you can manage.
• Take about 1 tablespoon of these shavings and put them in a tea mug/cup
• bring water to a boil and then turn off heat. Let the water cool for about two minutes.
• Pour water into tea cup. Let it steep for five minutes. Keep longer if you like stronger tea.
• Remove roots or tea bag and enjoy. You may eat the ginseng shavings in the tea ball for extra benefit.
How to buy Ginseng ?
Please visit online link to Buy ginseng roots or tea bags or visit any nearby store.
If you are on any medication or allergic to any roots then it is best to consult a competent physician before start taking ginseng tea on a daily basis.
Other ways / drinks to lose weight
The material on this web site is provided for educational purposes only, and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.